Monday, October 28, 2013

Skulduggery Pleasant Party 2013

So, what have I done that is blog post-worthy? Is it something normal? Negative. Something awesome? As always. Something you probably could've guessed from the post title? Indeed it is.

(For those of you who concern me in the sense that you haven't figured it out already, it was the Skulduggery Party. That was the answer. I made that one obvious.)

This was the third annual party for Derek's birthday and Skulduggery's deathday, and I think it's fair to say this year bumped the standards up a bit.

There were twenty people. I didn't even know I KNEW that many people. Have you ever had a party with twenty Skulduggery Pleasant fans dressed as characters? Because it's interesting.

Okay. Time for the inevitable wave of photos.
Here we've got the whole group of us, all making somewhat normal faces...


...And all of us in character. Somewhat.
In the back is Tanith in TMS, China Sorrows, Eliza Scorn, Melancholia St Clair, Sabine, Madame Mist, alternate dimension Eliza Scorn, Caelan, Darquesse, Solomon Wreath, Argeddion, the Reflection, and Clarabelle. In the front is Kyra (OC), Skulduggery, Tanith, Serpine, Kitana, and Lady Scapegrace. Derp faces were inevitable.


Here, have some normal party weird stuff.


Some casual conversation between (not) normal book characters


Argeddion trying to convert some people into agreeing with the Summer of Light as a good thing. They aren't really buying it.

Madame Mist is probably trying to plot against the rest of us

Tanith is pretty sure there was a Remnant in that cup and that's how she actually got possessed






I unfortunately couldn't get an individual picture of everyone, but I got the majority.


Eliza Scorn may or may not have acquired a cell phone for the sake of bringing people into the Church of the Faceless. Also, she likes to play games on it.

Madame Mist in her creepy spidery spider stuff... (And this was Fabi, from the Blog!)

Argeddion is trying to turn the mortals into sorcerers with the Summer of Light.

My evil reflection with the Sceptre of the Ancients and her eye gouged out from the other dimension (who is still plotting to kill me).

Skulduggery Pleasant, gun in hand and facade on.

Sabine looked exactly like Sabine on the TMS poster and I'm still trying to understand how this was possible.

Clarabelle probably just drew a smiley face on the Engineer.

China Sorrows, the classiest and most sane person of the whole thing.

The only OC of the whole thing, Kyra.

Darquesse/Val, as a Bride of the Blood Tears
(That's me. Because I'm Val. As always).

Eliza Scorn and Melancholia are sticking to character pretty well. Eliza's plotting against China but doesn't look like it, and Melancholia hates everyone.

Solomon Wreath really just likes to creep on people and get hugs. Wreath just wants to be loved.


Darquesse and Eliza, the insanity duo.


Now for the most exciting part, which was Derek Skyping us! I introduced everyone, then we all formed a line to talk to him individually. When we finished, most of us just kind of gathered around the computer and talked to Derek for about an hour. Lots of incredibly odd things were said, awkward signed selfies from Derek were requested, Derek's house was toured, High School Musical songs were sung, and an undoubtedly necessary fictional cult was formed.


We were all a bit crammed around the computer...


Really crammed.
Derek showed us his AWESOME Captain America shield, which was IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE.
And we were trying to explain to Derek all the little picture of his face that we had. And people kept eating them. (We made it rain Dereks)

So, that was the party! It was more exciting than I'm making it sound. The odd one-liners that came out of those five hours or so are things that should not exist but do. It was fun.

And I think I made it pretty obvious - we're all insane.


HEY DEREK

I told you I'd give you  a list of the cult names, did I not? 

Darquesse - Val V.
Crazy Eliza - Amanda
Solomon Wreath - Ariana
Tanith #1 - Jaida
Tanith #2  - Kyra
Clarabelle - Carissa
Argeddion - Kienan
Skulduggery - Tabitha
Kyra (OC) - Raven
Kitana - Lizzy
Caelan - Signy
Serpine - Emily
China - Taylor
Sabine - Isabella 
Stephanie - Lauren
Melancholia - Zoe
Normal Eliza - Miranda
Scapegrace - Maddy
Madame Mist - Fabi

Also, 20 awkward selfies. They're necessary. And I'm pretty sure at least half of us have "0012345666" in our contacts now.

You really need to get yourself to Seattle, Derek.

9 comments:

  1. Ow Moy.
    Haow is thahd evan pawssibawl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky Val. The party looks like it was hella fun. You never ever cease to amaze me with your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was one guy who was dressed up and the other 19 where girls. ... he must have felt awkward.

    But the party looks AMAZING! :( I wish I could have been there.
    AND YOU GOT TO TALK TO DEREK!!!!!!!!!!!! ON SKYPE!!!!!!!!
    You are lucky beyond possibility!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... you are crazy!
    HaHa!
    Great Part Val wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH VAL I HAVE TO MOVE TO SEATTLE FOR THIS REASON AND THIS REASON ONLY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks even more awesome than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS IN THE SEATTLE AREA
    I LIVE IN DA SEATTLE AREA :O
    Can you please tell me his Skype? *-*

    ReplyDelete