Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Orchestra was on TV

We were! For real! It was awesome!

Basically, last Thursday my teacher told us that we had a surprise concert on Tuesday. That gave us four days to practice a brand new song she handed us.

That's not a good idea.

We were going to play a Coldplay song, "Viva La Vida", but due to the fact that 3 school days to practice (we didn't get to practice on Tuesday, we were just getting ready for the concert thing) we couldn't play it. We still played two songs, but everyone was disappointed we couldn't play that one.

However, since when we walked in the commons to get ready there was a freaking news crew with giant cameras and stuff, we all just kind of got excited that we were going to be on TV. And after a few seconds the excitement kind of switched to terror, because we all thought we would be insanely out of tune...


Anyway, here's a few clips featuring my school!


http://www.king5.com/news/Lynnwood-students-surprised-with-new-instruments-173393951.html


http://edmonds.komonews.com/news/arts-culture/790452-fidelity-gives-college-place-ms-20k-new-musical-instruments

And the second one has an interview of my friend in it, who explained to us afterward that she was very terrified when they made her answer the questions in front of the giant camera.


(Also, if you're wondering, I'm the cello player who's sitting near the violins. You know, the pale one with dark hair and a long black coat.)

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Val. I think I spotted you in the second video. And your friend was the one with the violin. I think...

    Anyway that's really cool. What was the song you guys were playing in the second one? It sounds so familiar but I can't pick it. Is it something to do with skeletons? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I meant to say that in the post!



    We were playing "The Creepy Crawl". But all the cellos call it "The Creppy Crawl" because that's what the orchestra teacher accidentally wrote on our music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool, Val.

    I think I saw you in the second video.
    I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ! you sound so go! Im a double bass player myself :) lovin it :)

    ReplyDelete